Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Expected End



"Expected End" will always be a little miracle song to me. It was a rainy, shitty Monday when I wrote that song. The overdramatic, whining, little girl I am, I felt very bad about a certain situation so that I actually finished writing and recording the whole song in a few hours. On that day I was horribly worried about something very special to end and I didn't know what to do except to write a song about it. "Expected End" was actually a song for one voice and piano, but when I started recording it on my computer, I added one voice, then another and another and another. I added so many voices that the piano felt unnecessary so I ended up removing it. When I play this song at a concert I still play the "original" piano version, but I also really enjoy the a cappella one.

lyrics:

the doors are closed all windows shut I feel like I am stuck in my own little head's mess there is no going on I feel a little less we tried, we tried until my feet were sore from running away of the truth there is no proof we were not meant to be but now I see there is no proof we could be and I am hurt from falling falling falling falling more in love with you reality hit as I hit the ground now I see you cannot be found the past is past but if you were to ask me to run away with you without a blink and without to think (grammatically incorrect ayee) I would put my end in your hopeless hand but I am hurt from hearing hearing hearing hearing what you cannot say to this day I want you to see that you too, want me to stay but instead you close your eyes and what is left are these few lies about a fairytale that went a little wrong with no happy end but with this song