Tuesday, July 3, 2018

3 AM



"3AM" is my first song that I decided to upload just one day before my birthday - kind of as a pre-birthday present from me to myself. I always wanted to write my own songs and publish them somewhere online, but I was never sure how to start with it. In December 2017 I finally made myself a big Christmas present and bought a Mac Book and the music software "Logic". I was kinda freaking out with all the different instruments, trashy beats and vocals you are able to put together with just a few clicks. Even though most of my music is totally nothing like "3AM", I decided for it to be the first song that I upload on the internet. I didn't want to publish it without a video, but I also didn't want to make a super complicated video. Therefore I decided to film something that Marie, a very good friend of mine, and I are (usually) very good at; making pancakes. 
In the end, I think that it turned out pretty good and I still love watching the video.


here are the lyrics for anyone who is interested:

small salty drops on my leopard coat
as we make our way down the road
thoughts so heavy I drop down on my knees
I prefer drowning my feelings in melodies

and I refuse to run away
'cause there's so many things that make me want to stay
and I wish this pain would go away
but I'm still drowning in thoughts of my mistakes from yesterday

piece by piece I write that note
to tell you guys how I hate it so
we have so many things to tell about each one's needs
but every single one is too afraid to speak

chorus

now it's 3 A.M. and I'm on my own
how I've always hated to be alone
but now I write these songs while I sit on my knees
I will always drown my feelings in melodies