Sunday, December 1, 2019

HERBSTSEUFZER



finally a new video ayy!

the "Herbstseufzer" is my first german song ever and I actually wrote it because it was a homework for university. Our professor gave us this beautiful poem called "Herbstseufzer" by Luise Hensel and told us to turn it into a song. As I was quite happy with my result, I decided to play this song at my concerts as well.
Two weeks ago I had the honour to work with Stephan Herzog on a beautiful live video for this song. We filmed it at the Kultursalon Graz, which is a gorgeous big room with an amazing piano and decided to go for a simple "live video" vibe and nothing to wild.
Big thanks go to Konstantin Drewes who mixed and mastered the recording!

I am very happy with the result and therefore even more excited to show it to you!

you can download this song for free (or not for free if you want to donate something) on my bandcamp account:


by the waaaay, I have a fb page now! leave a like if u want to stay informed:


the original poem by Luise Hensel:

Die Vöglein weg geflogen, 
Die letzten Blumen schon verblüht, 
Der Himmel grau umzogen, 
Der Sonne Licht verglüht; 

O Sommer, schöner Sommer, 
Dass so dein Zauber flieht!  

Der Nordwind hat entführet 
Wohl all den lichten, bunten Schein 
Und was er nur berühret, 
Das nickt und schlummert ein. 

O Winter, öder Winter, 
Wie traurig wirst du sein!