Sunday, July 21, 2019

BUT ART WILL GROW // acoustic version with Riansyah Razali


download this version for free here

Well well

I think everyone knows now that I've been travelling around a bit in Southeast Asia blah blah and all that
But not everyone might know, that while travelling we met some super cool and talented musicians. And one of them is Riansyah Razali. We met him when he was playing at Deus Ex Machina with his friend Alex (their duo is called Relax).
One day Rian and I decided to sit together and work on a song - I really wanted to make a different version of my song "But Art Will Grow" and was very lucky when Rian agreed to do it. Working this version out was a lot of fun - we changed some chords and added a little melody part after each chorus and I feel like the whole mood of this song totally changed.
The video was filmed at our homestay by Oscar where we stayed at, but we actually performed this song at two other locations too - one of them was Deus.
I am very lucky to have met these wonderful people and will hopefully see them again one day.

here's the link to one of Rian's bands "Coconightman": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHlJ9QpXui1Ihr142lrUE-w


outtake from filming it the first time

us performing the song at Deus Ex Machina