Friday, April 22, 2022

MY DEBUT SINGLE "DON'T TELL ME" IS FINALLY OUT




 LITTLE STORY TIME

okay okay okay okay....
Sooooo. I've been making music as "Fraeulein Astrid" since 2018. On the 23rd of April 2018 I decided to gift myself my first Youtube video upload of my own song on my birthday (which is on April 24th).
Ever since I've been uploading songs on Youtube, posting little snippets on Instagram, playing many many many concerts and growing more and more in the artist that I want to be.
It's been 4 years but I never released anything "officially". Idk, it was too much of a "real deal" for me and I think I took it too seriously.
Now, almost exactly 4 years after my first upload, I finally did it. I finally uploaded a song on all imaginable streaming platforms and it's my debut single "Don't Tell Me".

ABOUT "DON'T TELL ME"

I started writing this song at the end of 2020, after having a rough time (u know, breakups and stuff). I exactly remember how it took me a few days to basically finish the whole song. I knew I at least wanna upload the whole song on Instagram, but I still needed the song to look pretty. That's when Minna joined the team. Minna Rothbart is by far one of the most talented people I know and also happens to be a very good friend of mine. I showed her the song and she designed this beaaaautiful artwork, which captures the emotions and story of the song perfectly. SO I uploaded the song on Instagram, we were happy, end of story.
At the beginning of 2022 I thought to myself that it was reaaaaally time to release something officially. My head's always been stuck in this idea of "If you release something, it has to be perfect, perfectly planned, with a team, perfect concept of songs, a big album, with a lot of promo, maybe a tour,..." and all these thoughts made the idea of releasing so scary, that I never did anything. At the beginning of this year I finally made the decision to do this whole thing step by step. Single by Single. It didn't take long for me to decide that I wanted "Don't Tell Me" to be my debut single. This song is very very close to my heart and I enjoy playing it live a lot and also the audience of my concerts enjoys this song a lot. So when I went to Tenerife at the beginning of this year, I decided to overlook the whole song and see what I can change/make better/rerecord - just to make the song a tiiiiiiny bit better. I added new main vocals, added more piano layerings, a bass and changed the outro a bit. That's when Frido joined the team. Fridolin Krenn is an insanely talented guy who has a crazy feeling for sounds. He mixed the song and it was just the last tiny bit that the song needed to make me 100% happy. He then sent the song to Mathias Garmusch, who did perfect mastering on the song. And that's when the song was done.

I told Minna that I wanted "Don't Tell Me" to be my first official single and she decided to rework the artwork a bit. She redrew the parts, changed the colours and added some new details. If you look closely and are going to follow my musical journey in the future, you may find a little easter egg in the artwork. but pssst it's a secret.

About a month ago I got everything ready, uploaded the song to a distributor. And yesterday midnight it finally happened: MY FIRST SINGLE IS OUT.
I still can't believe it. At midnight I got champagne and a cake and we celebrated a bit. And tomorrow, April 23rd, I'm gonna celebrate again. I will celebrate my first Youtube upload 2018, I will celebrate my birthday, April 24th, and I will celebrate my debut single, April 22nd.

A huge thanks to everyone who has been by my side this whole time. And a huge thanks to everyone who joined my in the middle of my journey. And a huge thanks to everyone who left - y'all make me write songs.

I am overwhelmed, I am happy, I am grateful. It's time to celebrate and see where this journey goes.


Go stream the song if you want to:

On Soundcloud:

On Bandcamp:

and there's also a lyric video: