Monday, February 18, 2019

Santa Baby Cover // musician edition


It was December 21, 2018 and I was bored as hell. I actually had a concert on that day at Cafe Kaiserfeld (which was really cool by the way) and had nothing else to do than practice for that concert. I always knew that I wanted to cover a Christmas song, but I never got to that point where I actually did it. A couple of days before December 21 I was partying with friends, getting a bit tipsy, talking about music (Christmas songs in particular) and one girl had the great idea of covering Santa Baby. And I thought "Oh well, the original lyrics are shit so why not make my own version?". So this is how I ended up in my pjs, two days later, changing the lyrics of Santa Baby, recording the whole thing and making the most stupid music video, that has ever existed, in one day.
I know that this blogpost is very late, but if you happen to watch my video now in February, have fun! 

Lyrics:

Santa baby, slip a keytar under the tree for me

Been an awful good girl
Santa baby, and hurry down the chimney tonight


Santa baby, a 61 midi keyboard too, 
light blue

I'll wait up for you, dear
Santa baby, and  hurry down the chimney tonight


Think of all the mics I’ve kissed

Now think of all the chords that I haven't missed
Next year I could be also good
If you'll check off my Christmas list


Santa baby, I want a mic and really that's not a lot

Been an angel all year
Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight


Santa honey one thing that I really do need, the code
To an ableton live
Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight

Santa cutie, and fill my stocking with a drum pad and gigs

Sign your 'x' on the line
Santa cutie, and hurry down the chimney tonight


Come and trim my Christmas tree

With decorations from the korg company
I really do believe in you
Now let's see if you believe in me


Santa baby, forgot to mention one thing for me, LP

I don't mean someone else’s

Santa baby, and hurry down the chimney tonight 

Hurry down the chimney tonight 
Hurry, tonight